« ROAD TRIP!!! | Main | Hot or Not: 2012 Olympics Edition »

July 12, 2012

Holy Crap

I can't believe this trip may actually be happening. I think it's the second time we actually are going to do something big like that we said we were going to do. Anyhow, now that things are becoming more definite, we need to work out some details. First, what days specifically work out for everyone? I know we were planning a long weekend trip, which is fine with me, but I just want to make sure we are definite on days. Secondly (this is more for Will), did you want to rent a car, or try to arrange for someone to pick us up? Third, I still can't believe this may be happening. Let me know what you guys think.

Posted by Ninja McFear at July 12, 2012 8:44 PM

Trackback Pings

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.churducken.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/469

Comments

I am looking at august 2nd to the 5th. As for the car situation, that is really up to Geoff as he would be the one arranged to pick us up.

If he would prefer we have our own transport or ends up having to work that Thursday and Friday, than I say we rent a car. Otherwise I figure if we go anywhere it would be with him and we can just keep his tank full :)

Posted by: Vilhelm Author Profile Page at July 12, 2012 9:14 PM

That's cool on the dates. Just keep me posted as to whether or not you get the time off.

As for transportation, I don't really see us going anywhere so I'm not sure if the expense of renting a car is worth it. It would be awfully convenient should the occasion arise, but it could be difficult having someone pick us up from the airport. So my real answer is: I don't know what we should do.

Posted by: Ninja McFear Author Profile Page at July 13, 2012 8:37 PM

Geoff: How say you? Are you off those days and able to snag us from the airport? If not, there is our answer: we rent a car. If so, we mooch and pay for gas all weekend. Boom. Done. Pike, weigh in.

Posted by: Vilhelm Author Profile Page at July 13, 2012 9:44 PM

Update: Ok, so there has been a hiccup. I e-mailed my supervisor about taking off, and she made a request: One of the members of my team at work is out on medical leave, so we are down a person for the rest of the month. As such, she has asked I wait until mid to late August to go, at which time she GUARANTEED I will get the time off.

So, I propose August 23rd-26th. That will give us plenty of time to work out the car and the plane tickets. My apologies for having to change up, but I can't leave my team two heads down during our busy season.

How say you gentlemen?

Posted by: Vilhelm Author Profile Page at July 16, 2012 9:27 PM

Unacceptable. You need to tell them to get their asses back to work, or use your Jedi powers to heal them or at least convince them they are well enough to work.

Posted by: Ninja McFear Author Profile Page at July 17, 2012 5:23 PM

Well, if all THAT fails, any objection to the 23rd to the 26th?

Posted by: Vilhelm Author Profile Page at July 17, 2012 7:22 PM

Possibly, the school year starts really soon after that and there is a possibility that I may be getting something this year. I have no idea when I may find out.

Posted by: Ninja McFear Author Profile Page at July 18, 2012 12:02 AM

Fair enough. Keep us posted.

Posted by: Vilhelm Author Profile Page at July 18, 2012 8:11 AM

Post a comment

Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)


Remember me?